The purpose of this course:
The purpose of this course is to help individuals understand commodity codes. Several practical exercises are included in this course to ensure attendees have a strong grasp of commodity codes.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for anyone in the organisation who might be called upon to contribute to a correct description of goods traded internationally for both export and import declarations.
This can range from complete beginners to experienced operators who feel the need to refresh their knowledge.
It is also suitable for management staff whose role requires supervision or checking of sensitive Customs declarations.
What will the course cover?
- Why we need Commodity Codes and Who is Responsible
- Explanation of the Harmonized System
- Review the UK Trade Tariff and how to classify using
– The General Interpretative Rules (GIR)
– Chapter, Subheading and Section Notes
- Commodity Code Allocation
- Customs Measures
- Practical Exercises
Timings: 9:30am – 12:30pm
Member cost: £199 + VAT
Non-Member cost: £249 + VAT
For more information, or to book a place on this course, call us on 01604 490490 or email email@example.com