As our planet grapples with urgent environmental and social issues, it’s time for us to unite and take action. That’s why we’re excited to extend our invitation to you for the upcoming University of Northampton Sustainability Summit 2023, scheduled for 15th and 16th May 2023.
This two-day Summit is being organised under the theme; ‘Adapting to a changing world: addressing our shared sustainability challenges’. Its core objective is to provide a platform which brings together businesses, non-profit organisations, policy makers, local government, academics and other stakeholders to identify shared sustainability challenges and devise a long-term plan of action to address those challenges through collaborative research, enterprise and knowledge exchange.
We recently sat down for our inaugural Pre-Summit Webinar where we had a dynamic discussion with our esteemed media partners at Beanstalk Global. We delved into the upcoming Summit and the compelling reasons why we are thrilled to welcome businesses and stakeholder organizations to embark on a meaningful journey towards tackling our shared sustainability challenges. We were honoured to have influential industry experts such as Martin Baxter (IEMA), Kelly Shields (FPC), Simon Derrick (Blue Skies), and Professor Amin Hosseinian Far (University of Northampton) share their invaluable insights and perspectives on the collective achievements we can attain at the Summit.
Delegates can register here.
We have assembled over 40 expert speakers representing organisations such as Satra Technology Centre, UKRI, the Sustainable Leather Foundation, IEMA, Cranfield University, the British Footwear Association, the Fresh Produce Consortium, the Sustainable Business Alliance, Bambino Mio, Farrington Oils, Blue Skies Ltd, the Chartered Institute of Waste Management, Weetabix, North Northamptonshire Council, West Northamptonshire Council, Free Foam Ltd, Beanstalk Global and many more.
Some highlights of the Summit program include:
- Sustainable Business in the 21st Century: What does it mean and how can businesses pivot with better ease towards more sustainable practices?
- The Climate Emergency: How much time do we really have left, and what is the nature of the urgency with which commerce must adapt in order to help address climate change.
- Governance: What are the key sustainability issues that are most relevant to organisations and how should boards monitor and report on sustainability matters?
- Knowledge Sharing: Come listen to brands share their best practices on how to address sustainability challenges from a governance and strategy perspective, as well as how to turn the talk into action.
- The Sustainable Consumer: How is sustainability shaping consumer behaviour, and how can businesses demonstrate to consumers that they are genuinely serious about sustainability?
- Solutions: Listen to expert solutions providers share different approaches, tools, innovations, frameworks, and knowledge impartation schemes which organisations can adopt to help them address their sustainability challenges.
- Collaboration for Innovation: How important is collaboration to addressing shared sustainability challenges?
- The University of Northampton’s Sustainability Journey: Enjoy the company of delegates at the networking breakfast on the second day of the Summit and hear all about the University of Northampton’s inspiring sustainability journey.
- Breakout Sessions: Join the summit-style break-out sessions and be part of the discussion as we identify shared social and environmental sustainability challenges.
- Northampton Sustainability Accord: Be part of the shaping and unveiling of the Northampton Sustainability Accord (NSA). The Accord will highlight all of the sustainability challenges identified throughout the Summit, and set out a commitment of intent from the University of Northampton to work alongside all of the organisations represented at the Summit to address those challenges through collaborative research, enterprise and knowledge exchange.
You can find the full Summit Schedule here.
The UON Sustainability Summit 2023 will be the first of several annual Summits hosted by the University of Northampton, as well as the first event of its kind in Northamptonshire. As a University, we are proud to continue our long record of showing the necessary leadership in tackling shared sustainability challenges and supporting the wider stakeholder community.
Please contact Dr Ebenezer Laryea (email@example.com) if you would like to discuss sponsorship opportunities and how your brand can be directly associated with this remarkable sustainability event. We hope to see you in Northampton in May.