- How long have you volunteered with Cransley Hospice Trust?
“I saw an advertisement around Christmas last year, and joined the team in January 2022.”
- If you had to describe yourself in 3 words, what would they be?
“Friendly, Caring and Motivated!”
- What does your day look like at the shop?
“I come in every Tuesday for about 3 hours. I arrive at 8.30am as this suits me best. I usually dress up the mannequins, organise the rails and work on the till. I love this because I get to chat to all of the lovely customers. I help a lot of people find specific items for different occasions too.”
- What is your favourite thing about volunteering with Cransley?
“I love meeting new people, we have regulars that pop in quite often and it is lovely to chat with them. Everyday is different too!”
- What made you want to volunteer?
“I was a teacher for 26 years and wanted to take a break, but I wanted to use my time giving back to the community. I would drive past Cransley Hospice often and I’ve lost family members to cancer, so it felt right to work with Cransley. Every little thing makes a difference for someone.”
- What do you usually look for if you’re shopping for yourself in the store?
“The shop have a lot of brilliant brands on sale, I especially love items from White Stuff and M&S which I can get for a really good price in the shop. I also love the vintage items next door in Curated by Cransley, and the fact that all of the items are available on Ebay and can be delivered is super!”
- What piece of advice would you give to someone who is thinking about volunteering with us?
“Absolutely go for it. You get so much out of it. Whether it is 3 hours or a whole day, they’re really flexible and support you where they can.”
- Will you be joining us for any of the Cransley Hospice Trust events?
“I have seen the Starlight Walk and think that it looks like a lot of fun! I’ll definitely get signed up for that soon.”
If you’re thinking about volunteering, get in touch or click here