A free five-day festival is taking place at Delapré Abbey this Easter – with a packed programme of music and movement, exercise and classes, drumming and wellbeing talks.
This all-new Wellbeing Festival, running from Wednesday 20th April to Sunday 24th April, is perfect for the whole family – with everything from Pilates and yoga to African drumming, children’s sports, a bootcamp and seated exercise class.
Gabrielle Deere from Northamptonshire Sport, which has organised the festival, said: “This is your opportunity to relax and unwind at Delapré Abbey and enjoy a programme of informal talks, classes and performances, all designed to increase your health and wellbeing. There are heaps of taster sessions so come and give it a go. Let loose, move your body and join us at the stunning historic Abbey.”
• African Drumming, performed on the South Lawn: Wednesday 20th and Saturday 23rd April, 2pm.
• Introduction to Pilates, in the Abbey’s Library: Wednesday 20th and Saturday 23rd April, 10.30am-11.15am. Book tickets
• Soul Fusion class in the Abbey’s Library: Wednesday 20th, 12-1pm. Book tickets
• Learn self-care techniques and improve your wellbeing with this introductory talk on self-management, in the Abbey’s Drawing Room: Wednesday 20th and Saturday 23rd April, 10am-12noon. Book tickets
• Stop Smoking talk: Thursday 21st and Saturday 23rd April, 10am-12noon. Book tickets
• Bootcamp in the Abbey’s Paddock area: Thursday 21st 4-5pm, Friday 22nd 12.30-1.15pm, and Sunday 24th April 12-12.45pm. Book tickets
• Yoga in the Abbey’s Library: Thursday 21st April, 2-3pm. Book tickets
• How to Nourish Your Body on a Budget talk, in the Abbey’s Drawing Room: Thursday 21st April, 2-3pm. Book tickets
• Core workout class in the Abbey’s Library: Friday 22nd April, 10.30-11.30am Book tickets
• Seated Exercise class in the Abbey’s Library: Friday 22nd April, 2-2.45pm. Book tickets
• Mini Sports for children, led by Trilogy Leisure: Saturday 23rd April, with slots available from 10.15am-1.45pm. Book tickets
• Zumba in the Coach House: Sunday 24th April, 10-11am. Book tickets
This festival is part of Delapré Wellbeing, a wellbeing hub designed to empower people across the town to take control over their health and wellbeing through cultural experiences, events, classes and more. Crucially, all the hub activities have been suggested and designed by members of the community.
Delapré Wellbeing is one of 37 projects from across the country to receive funding from the Thriving Communities Fund. The fund has been set up to support communities to address the issues that they face as a result of Covid-19.
This Wellbeing Festival has been programmed by Northamptonshire Sport, partnering with Talk Mental Health, Northampton Leisure Trust, Aligned Pilates, Adult Learning Service, Step Forward with Lewis, Public Health Northamptonshire and Action for Happiness.
See the full programme and get involved at https://delaprewellbeing.co.uk The festival is free, although donations are welcomed.