The purpose of this course:
This one day course has a mixture of theory and practical exercises designed to help you create more effective outcomes.
Benefits to an organisation:
This course helps you understand that the solution lies with you, not them. Changing what you do, what you say and how you say it, you will create changes in the other person. Even if you don’t always get what you want, you will be driving what happens between the two of you, not them.
Who is this course for?
All personnel who are in daily contact with ‘difficult’ customers or employees. This course would also benefit individuals who manage negotiations and meditations.
What will the course cover?
- The purpose of conflict
- Changing what you do for a different outcome
- Defining a ‘difficult’ person
- Working with difficult people
- Using honesty and agreement
- Turning arguments into discussions
- Diffusing blame
- Active listening and responding
- Understanding the roles people play
- Dealing with strong feelings
- Delivering bad news or a difficult message
- Feeding the solution not the problem
- Choosing appropriate conflict
- Creating win/win: achieving resolution
- Getting to the core of the problem
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand and appreciate why conflict exists
- Know how to deal with difficult situations
- Understand how to arrive at an amicable solution
- Have an appreciation and understanding of the other persons point of view
- Know how to deliver your message so it will be ‘heard’
- Avoid reacting to ‘knee jerk’ reactions
- Create win/win solutions to problems and maintain positive relationships
- Have the tools to diffuse conflict before it exists
- Create clear and concise outcome goals
- Have a greater appreciation of conflict management techniques
Timings: 9:00am – 4:30pm
Member cost: £249 + VAT
Non-Member cost: £319 + VAT
For more information, or to book a place on this course, call us on 01604 490490 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Chamber members can book online.